– the rev is trucking along through his firefighting I certification. this past weekend was ladder training, in which i would have failed when they would have had to send a firefighter up on an adjacent ladder to talk/carry me down from the spot where i froze. he managed to do significantly better than that.
– patsy the cat is losing hair under her chin. from dr. internet i have found out that it might be because we have put her food in plastic bowls. i’m hoping the recent switch to ceramic will prove beneficial, otherwise it’s back to the (real) doctor she goes. i think she’s just pulling hair out so she can enjoy more car rides.
– i took a personal day from work yesterday to accomplish several errands and invest more time in painting the new house. i managed to register my car, buy fabric for a headboard i’m recovering, return clothing, help out at my 2nd job with a task, buy more paint, move several items from our current house to our new garage, paint the guest room, paint the trim in two rooms, and even shower. it was a long and busy day, but i felt pretty accomplished at its end.
– my 2 year old nephew called me last night to sing me his ABCs. as my sister put it, he’s probably the smartest baby in the history of the world ever. my other nephew is, of course, equally smart. they got it from me, of course.
– i have become slightly preoccupied with a potential business venture that has come from complete left field, seems certifiably insane, but excites everyone i talk to and seems like it would be entertaining. research followed by research to come to see if it’s for me. i’ll let you know.